The Oklahoma casino is re-opening after experiencing a malfunction in its fire suppression system on Sunday morning, June 19th that resulted in a water leak in two ceiling sections in its north casino. According to a report from the Durant Fire Department, the sprinkler system pipes came apart in several places, flooding the first floor ceiling and causing the ceiling tiles to fall. The Fire Marshal reports there was no structural damage to the property.

“Since the malfunction occurred, we have worked around the clock to repair the leak and damaged ceiling, deep-clean all affected areas, and obtain the proper inspections to ensure the safety of all our guests and employees. We are so appreciative of the continuous support and cooperation of all of our guests, staff, cleanup crews and members of the media.” said Janie Dillard, executive director of gaming for Choctaw Casinos.

Order 2011 ACG

Reply comment


American Casino Guide