Toll-Free Number: (800) 942-6886
Gambling Age: 18
Room Reservations: (800) 615-8030
Rooms: 215 Price Range: $79-$159
Suites: 40 Price Range: $149-$259
Restaurants: 8 Liquor: Yes
Buffets: B-$10.99 (Sat/Sun) L-$10.00 (Mon-Fri)/$8.99 (Fri)/$10.99 (Sat-Sun) D-$14.00/ $15.00 (Sat)
Casino Size: 50,000 Square Feet
Games Offered: Slots, Video Poker, Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, Poker, Pai Gow Poker, Let It Ride, Three Card Poker, Four Card Poker, Bingo
Overnight RV Parking: Free/RV Dump: No
Senior Discount: $5.99 lunch buffet if 55+
Special Features: Offers a card-based version of roulette.
Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino Hot
Toll-Free Number: (800) 942-6886
Average user rating from: 8 user(s)
|Table Games||1.7 (7)|
|Customer Service||1.5 (8)|
|Player's Club||1.5 (8)|
|Gaming Atmosphere||1.9 (8)|
|Amenities or Hotel||1.8 (8)|
|Food & Drink||1.5 (8)|
To confirm the potential law of probability vs. possibility, I went 4 times within the same week to this terrible place, played approximately the same amount each time: (A few hundred bucks) thinking the outcome will have to vary between days and hours I attended but to my disappointment, the result was identical each of the four times, the slot machines simply took my money and each combination was either a losing one or the payout was smaller than the bet so it didn't take long to lose my few hundred bucks each time, really; just by taking a glance at the cashier window where there is only one person attending obviously because they know that's all they need, in fact there is usually no one cashing any vouchers there because simply no one wins, you'd think out of many people giving their hard earned dollars to the casino, you'd see occasional winners of even small jackpots but that is not the case, everyone I talked to said the same thing: MACHINES ARE TIGHT AND NOT PAYING AT ALL! I'd say this place is really earning a very bad name for the above reasons, I know many who used to go but are not going anymore because of the rip off this place is.
Very interestingly, one of these 4 instances I went, the machine I was playing gave me a small price of around $16 dollars and immediately, a woman who appeared to be part of management rushed to see in a sort of amazement, it appears she was concerned I had hit a jackpot when I wasn't supposed to? She turned around as soon as she saw the amount was insignificant and she obviously did this "discretely" thinking I didn't notice. Go figure, she probably knew the machines are not supposed to be paying jackpots, so this 4 instances within the same week and all that I've seen in this place just scared me away from it, I don't like to feel like a dummy just giving my money to them when I know I just don't have even one half of one chance.
I don't think it could get any worse
Let's go in order:
1. The slot machines get tightened up on the weekends. I have always been one of those slot players who likes to look around, and play casually. However, as others have noted, the slots do not pay out. Now for those who wish to quote statistics about slot machines, I know. I have played them for over 25 years. Next, recently I had a slot machine error with an "open door" alert. It took over 20 minutes to get an attendant to fix the machine. The attendants are few and far between.
2. I don't play table games
3. Customer service: I am an avid bingo player. I have played bingo for over 25 years. I really love the game. And while this is about customer service I will expand. Twice within the same month, I have seen two people win 2-3 times in a single 15 card game. One of which was a Tribal elder, while the other was a close friend of the staff. It is amazing the things you learn by just listening. Statistically, winning bingo in a 1200 seat parlor is very high, for the the same person to win the bingo 3 times in the same parlor is astronomical. But back to the customer service, bingo attendants are rude, and unless you have the secret handshake don't expect service. But this goes for all attendants, not just bingo. Tachi has to realize that players are their bread/butter, and we should be treated as such.
4. Player's Club: yeah right, all those hard earned (paid for) points for useless and impractical gifts. My girlfriend and I signed up for their PC on the same day, in fact the same attendant did both. Two weeks later, she received $70 of Tachi cash. Good for her, yet I received nothing. There has always been the thought that PC cards which track your movement and spending will help and hurt you. Yes you earn points (help) but they are track time on a machine, the type of machine you play and whether or not you win.
5. Gaming Atmosphere: TOO CROWDED. Nothing anyone can do about this.
6. Amenities: The buffet absolutely sucks. Unless you are only interested in simply eating because you are dying of starvation. The wait staff is again few and far between, I have eaten better food at Home Town Buffet, there is nothing outstanding about this restaurant. In fact it is below par when compared to a local chain restaurant.
7. Food & Drink: See above. Lastly noted, the bar is extremely small, not enough seating, and the price is extremely high. I have also noted, the bartenders are merely handle pullers for beer. They do not know mixology and must refer to the Bartenders Cook Book often, this equates to very slow service and poorly made drinks. Now there is an option to sit outside, however most of the time the misters are on making sitting outside a bad idea unless you are wearing your swimsuit.
The bottom line: Tachi really needs to quit being self-serving and tend to the customer.
This place is simply awful, very poor service everywhere, it seems there are fewer personnel and the change persons are rude and hardly ever seen when needed and when you get lucky to see one, interestingly; they can't help you, slot machines are absolutely tight and take your money in no time, simply no one seems to win even to keep playing, it is obvious this casino has tightened their slot machines, most everyone I have talked to their complains of the same thing, slots are tighter than ever and service is very bad or no service at all, all you have to do is look at people leaving this casino, you can tell in their faces the frustration, disappointment and sadness, most certainly because they lost everything in a very short time, I can see this place going bankrupt because they don't seem to care about their customers, it is understood that in all casinos most everyone will lose but this place has really gone to the extreme so they will obviously see fewer and fewer visitors because most everyone is realizing you simply don't have a chance there, I will never go there again.
Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino
We stopped at Tachi recently after not having visited since 2008 or earlier. It still had too many 2 cent machines and the self serve beverage area was gone.
Tachi seems to have some of the tightest slots there are, you simply keep putting money into the machines and they continue to take, take, and take, no paybacks at all; not even to continue to play so don't go with the idea that you will win but instead know the odds are against you if you play their tight slots.
I was part of a bus tour to this casino. It was one of the WORST trips I have ever experienced. Their system is convoluted, requiring anyone who participates to "JUMP THROUGH HOOPS" and us set up to fail. I was either ignored or totally dismissed when inquiring on how to redeem their free coupons issued as part of the tour bus to Tachi Casino. I was so DISGUSTED with their lackluster attitude I spent the rest of the trip in my hotel room watching T.V. I could have stayed home to do this - FOR FREE!!!
Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino
We stopped at Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino on our way to Las Vegas. The penny slots were crowded that day. At least the free beverage area had self service coffee and soft drinks.
Good Gaming so so hotel.
While the hotel rooms are luxiurious and enjoyable they pale in comparrison to a local casino Chukchanski Resort style casino and hotel rooms! Gaming is excellent at Tachi but food options are scarce as the buffett is on the disgusting side.